- Colossians 3:2 (NKJV): “Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.”
- Psalm 118:8 (NKJV): “It is better to trust in the LORD Than to put confidence in man.”
NOW THAT THE 2020 presidential election is over and the fractious aftermath has begun, those of us who confess our faith in Jesus Christ are called to lead our country as Christ wants us to.
Are we doing that?
From what I see, Satan has infiltrated the church and is sowing lies and discord. Take a look at the divisions within Christendom between those who support the Trump-Pence Administration and those who support the Biden-Harris team.
Those of us who support the former President and Vice President are still being labeled “deplorable,” “racists,” “fascists,” and “haters,” even by those within the church who claim the mantel of Christ.
Even the innocuous cry to ensure accountability in the election process sets the “religious left” off. Their calls for “unity” sound good but are really a cover for stifling dissent. Unity around one set of ideas is not unity, it’s conformity.
WE’VE SEEN THE INFLAMMATORY rhetoric of a false prophet, Beth Moore, who has shown more distain toward Christian conservatives than she has toward those openly living in sin and proclaiming their “pride” in so doing.
Then people who claim the mantel of Christ use her false testimony against fellow Christians and promote their hostility toward us through the secular media.
Didn’t the apostle Paul show his disgust with Christians who dragged fellow Christians into pagan-run courts because they refused to settle differences in a peaceful and brotherly manner? (See 1 Corinthians 6).
How is it, then, that so many of our fellow Christians, who worship each week beside us, use the tools of anti-Christian pagans to denigrate fellow believers?
Should we assume that those who make those charges are not true followers of Christ but merely the tares among the wheat?
DESCENT OF DARK AGES
AT THE OTHER END OF THE DIVIDE are confessing Christians who told us the world would end, or at least civilization would cease, if Trump-Pence lost the election. They said the Dark Ages would descend upon us once again.
They pointed to policy proscriptions the Democrats offer that include, but are not limited to:
- government-run health care,
- government-imposed redistribution of wealth,
- increased welfare benefits,
- expanded abortion “rights”,
- porous borders,
- same-sex marriage,
- citizenship for illegal residents,
- voting rights for convicted felons,
- lowering the voting age to 16,
- ending America’s reliance on fossil-fuel energy,
- forcing employers to provide insurance coverage for abortion-inducing measures,
- placing stricter limitations on religious liberty, and
- opposing Israel’s sovereignty.
They also noted Democrats said they might, among other measures:
- eliminate the Senate filibuster,
- add three or four Supreme Court justices (all leftist activists),
- extend statehood to the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico to ensure four more Democrat senators, and
- expand “ballot harvesting” to ensure a sufficient number of Democrat ballots are provided to overturn any election at the national or state level won by Republicans.
Regardless of which administration is in power, God remains sovereign, and He will chart our course. As Christians, we are to pray for wisdom and lead by example.
DEPEND ON GOD
This is a gift, and only those who have placed their trust in Him for salvation can appreciate it. Those who are not “in Christ” cannot appreciate the gift, don’t recognize it as a gift, and, sadly, may not even want it.
How else are we to get through the days, weeks, months, and years ahead when the multitude around us are heading in the wrong direction, rejecting the voice of God, and pursuing their own ends.
We can rest assured that God’s promises are good because He is faithful. May our hearts join together in song:
STANDING ON THE PROMISES
Standing on the promises of Christ my King
Through eternal ages let his praises ring
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing
Standing on the promises of God
Standing on the promises of God my Savior
I’m standing on the promises of God.
O LORD GOD, OUR HEAVENLY FATHER, our King, our Righteousness, our salvation, we rest secure in Your promises to love us, protect us, and care for us, especially when we encounter troubled times. We pray for strengthened hearts that will proclaim Your glorious name and willing hearts that will live out Your commands. May we be Your hands and feet, O LORD, going about Your will. We pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. AMEN
4 thoughts on “WHO DO WE TRUST, GOD OR MAN?”
I know this answer…GOD! What did I win? Heehee. ❤🙂❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
Eternal life … with God! Now, that’s a good deal.
❤❤❤❤❤ Yey! ❤❤❤❤❤❤
LikeLiked by 1 person